Preparing To Sell
Have you been thinking, “I want to sell my house, but where do I start?” If so, you’re not alone. The typical seller lives in their home for 13 years before putting it up for sale, and they spend an average of seven months thinking about listing their home before taking action, according to the Zillow Group Consumer Housing Trends Report 2018.
Perhaps you’re thinking about selling your home because you need more space, you’re ready to downsize, or you’re relocating for school or employment reasons. Whatever your reason, it’s important to be prepared for the sale process. It can be both emotional and stressful, especially for first-time home sellers, since you probably have an emotional connection to your home — and because it’s likely your biggest investment.
Spend some time exploring your reasons for selling. The process can be arduous and expensive, so make sure you’re certain you want to sell before you get too far into it. Below are common steps every successful home seller will take to ensure a positive outcome.
- Identify your motivation for selling.
- Select a real estate agent that’s effective and you can work well with.
- Research the best time to sell for your schedule.
- Commit to a representation strategy.
- Complete home improvements.
- Price your home competitively.
- Stage your house to sell.
- Market your listing effectively.
- Watch for closing hurdles.
- Move out.
- Fulfill closing obligations.
Ready To Take The Next Step?
If you are ready to take the next step towards your buying or selling goals, please provide your information and I will reach out to you right away.